Delve into legendary Alexandria, called "Paris of Anitiquities" and Egypt’s capital for a millennium It was once home to one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Go underground in Alexandria and explore ancient Roman catacombs; marvel at the scale of the triumphal column of Pompey’s Pillar; and visit the impressive defense fort of Qaitbay.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Alexandria by your expert licensed tour guide, Heading underground explore the ancient Kom al-Shoqafa catacombs.It thought to form e largest Roman burial site in Egypt representing mix of art and culture - Egyptain, Greek and Roman and was only unearthed in the beginning of the 20th century when a donkey disappeared under the ground.
The next stop is at Pompey’s Pillar, one of the largest monolithic red granite columns ever erected outside the Roman imperial cities.stop for lunch at sea view restaurant before driving to the new Library of Alexandria, the biggest library in the world now with 8 million books. After lunch visit the remains of ancient library of Alexandria, the Roman Amphitheatre and the Palaces of king Farouk.
Proceed to the Fort Qaitbay, once considered one of the most important defensive strongholds along the Mediterranean Sea coast. It was erected on the exact site of the famous Lighthouse of Alexandria, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Drive along the Corniche to see the whole city passing over bridge of Stanly landmark of modern Alexandria then drive back to your hotel.
|Single||2 Person||3 Person||4 Person||5 Person||6 Person|
- Prices are quoted in US Dollars per person per trip and valid till April 30.2018, except during Christmas, New Year & Easter holidays.
- Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- A 25 % deposit per person is required to confirm your booking.
- Once we have received your deposit, land/cruise prices are guaranteed. Air prices are subject to increase and are guaranteed only from the time that full payment is received.
- Full payment is due 8 weeks before the tour departure
- We charged no credit card fees or hidden surcharges.
- Prices are inclusive Accommodation, Transfers, Sightseeing, Meals as indicated and internal flights.
Accommodation is based on twin/triple share, so if you’re travelling on your own (independently) and would prefer your own space our Solo Sleeper Option is available as indicated in tour prices. This will guarantee you your own room for every night of the tour. The number of single rooms we can offer is limited, so it’s best to book early.
This option is available for those who prefer travelling with others but prefer single accommodation. This will guarantee you your own room for every night of the tour. The number of single rooms we can offer is limited, so it’s best to book early
We highly recommend you book this trip as early as possible, preferably 60 days prior to departure. Reservations received within 30 days will be on request and subject to availability of en-route accommodation.
For full terms and conditions, please click here (Booking Conditions page).
Per Person From $ 56.00
Tour Type Alexandria Day Tour
Delve into legendary Alexandria, Egypt’s capital for a millennium and once home to one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Go underground in Alexandria and explore ancient Roman catacombs; marvel at the scale of the triumphal column of Pompey’s Pillar; and visit the impressive defense fort of Qaitbay.